|Comorian Armed Forces|
|Armée nationale de développement|
|Minister of Defense||M. Yousoufa Mohamed Ali|
|Chief of the Defence Staff||Colonel Youssouf Idjihadi|
|Ranks||Military ranks of Comoros|
The Comorian Armed Forces (French: Armée nationale de développement, AND; lit. 'Army of National Development') are the national military of the Comoros. The armed forces consist of a small standing army and a 500-member police force, as well as a 500-member defense force. A defense treaty with France provides naval resources for protection of territorial waters, training of Comorian military personnel, and air surveillance. France maintains a small troop presence in the Comoros at government request. France maintains a small Navy base and a Foreign Legion Detachment (DLEM) in Mayotte.
The AND consists of the following components:
- Comorian Defense Forces
- Comorian National Gendarmerie
- National School of the Armed Forces and Gendarmerie
- Comorian Presidential Guard
- Comorian Military Health Services
- Comorian Coast Guard
- FN FAL battle rifle
- AK-47 assault rifle
- Type 81 assault rifle
- NSV HMG
- RPG-7 anti-tank weapon
- Mitsubishi L200 pickup truck
Note: The last comprehensive aircraft inventory list was from Aviation Week & Space Technology in 2007.
|Cessna 402||United States||transport||1|
|L-410 Turbolet||Czech Republic||transport||1|
|Aérospatiale Corvette||France||VIP transport||1|
|Mil Mi-14||Russia||utility / transport||Mi-14PZh||2|
|Eurocopter AS350 Écureuil||France||utility||1|
|SIAI-Marchetti SF.260||Italy||trainer / patrol||5|
- "Foreign Legion Detachment in Mayotte | French Foreign Legion Information".
- "World Air Forces 2004 pg. 52". flightglobal.com. Retrieved 12 March 2019.
- "Arms Transfers Database". Stockholm International Peace Research Institute. Retrieved 27 March 2019.
- "World Military Aircraft Inventory", Aerospace Source Book 2007, Aviation Week & Space Technology, January 15, 2007.